For questions about adoption, please contact us or call (804) 288-9797.
Our adoption process is simple but thorough. You select a feline who touches your heart, fill out a preliminary adoption form and talk with an adoption counselor. After your approval by our volunteers, a legal contract is signed with an adoption donation attached (this donation helps defray the medical costs incurred); and, you receive a free vet office visit at a participating vet within the first week.
Prior to adoption, every CARE cat/kitten has received a thorough exam from a veterinarian, has tested negative for FIV/Felv (except as otherwise noted), been spayed/neutered, dewormed, given flea preventative, and been inoculated against distemper. Rabies vaccine is given if the feline is over 4 months. Any other desirable medical attention has also been provided. Also, each cat/kitten has spent its rescued time in a private home in foster care being loved and assessed for temperament and personality, needs, likes and dislikes.
See Cats Available for more information on everything you receive with a C.A.R.E. adoption. Your new cat/kitten is now a new member of YOUR family!
As Part of the Adoption Fee Your New Family Member Has Had:
* Spay/Neuter Included- Kittens Too Young To Have Been Spayed or Neutered Come With a Spay/Neuter Certificate
* Ears/Eyes/Teeth All Cleaned & Treated as Needed
* Full Check-up by Vet
* De-worming and Flea Treatment
* Rabies and Distemper Vaccinations
* Test for FIV and FELV
* Medical treatment as needed
* A Post Adoption Well Pet Veterinary Office Visit
* A List of Vets Who Accept Our Certificate
* 4 Pound Bag of Science Diet Food
* Break-Away Collar
* ID Tag
* Temporary Carrier to Take Your New Feline Home